Wednesday 2 December 2015

2nd Editorial Shoot

I can not believe that it has been a month since I have last posted.  It feels like forever, but the month of November has gone by so quickly and I have spent most of the month assisting an amazing stylist, Joanna Hir, on a film here in London.  So I have been quite busy, but back at it now, and so much to share with you.

Our 2nd editorial shoot with The London College of Style was nearly 2 months ago, but I'm really excited to finally be sharing it with you.  The theme of the shoot was "United We Stand" and we were meant to come up with a cause that we wanted to support, using the United Colors of Benetton campaigns as a reference.  The style was meant to me happy, colorful, and vibrant.  I really struggled with this theme.  I had a ton of ideas, but nothing was quite cheerful or colourful.  I finally settled on the Cuban / American relationship and how now Cuba and American were best friends, right?  I put together the moldboard below.  I wanted to celebrate all that Cuba had to offer, from the colorful prints, to the rough/old school vide that Cuba has due to a lack of flourishing.


I wanted red, white, and blue to come through as these are the colors for both the US and Cuban flag, and then the rest would be a melding of colors.  One of the biggest challenges with styling this shoot was finding tropical prints and also really colorful things.  It's amazing to be in London because there really is no limit to what you can find, or order online.  I discovered some new brands along the process.  Clover Canyon is a great brand for prints, Camilla, an Australian brand, has great tropical, bright colored, beach stuff.  And tucked away in Sussex Garden, London is an amazing house filled with the most lush jewelry, called Pebbles.   

Our first shoot was on location, but this shoot would take place in a studio.  On the day we were split into 2 groups working with 2 different photographers.  I had the privilege of working with amazing photography Leigh Keily.  I think the photographers turned out quite good, at first I wasn't sure how I felt about my outfit, having not seen it on the model, but when she put it out it just came to life.  Check out the photos below!






Credits:
Top & Skirt: Clover Canyon
Kimono: Camilla, very.co.uk
Shoes: Kurt Geiger
Jewelry: Pebbles London

Photographer: Leigh Keily
Assistant Photographer: Hristo Hristov
Stylist: Lore Koijen
MUA: Martin Carter
Hair: Carolina Crona


    

1 comment: