Monday 13 June 2016

London Collection Mens SS17 - Day 1

This week the blog is going to be all about menswear!  I actually really like menswear and the more I read menswear magazines, put together menswear themed moodboards and shoots, and see menswear shows I grow to love it more.  I have actually been invited to quite a few shows for LCM SS17 so Im excited to share with you trends I see emerging and designers that you may not have heard of.

First for day 1 I attended the Barbour presentation located at the Royal Institute of British Architects.  I had never been to this space before, but it is quite amazing.  The presentation was held in room with tons of floor to ceiling windows and a large outdoor space.  The weather was quite good, so it was nice to have the outside space.  And the crowd was quite trendy, with a few reality TV celebrities, JP from Made in Chelsea, bloggers, and then you had the fish loving, khaki wearing set. I never felt  Barbour as a brand was ever super exciting, it's composed of mostly basics, outdoor feeling, great coats.  But this season they really stepped it up offering great accessories, hats, comfy socks, boots, and bags.  I definitely felt a festival theme going on, for spring festival wear was really big for women and I think that is seeping over into menswear as I have actually seen it come through from a few other designers.  They had some great distressed jackets that will be exclusively at Selfridges, a collaboration that I don't think they have had in the past. 

Check out the full collection at deFUZE Magazine here .  Here are some photos that I took during the presentation.






Next was a presentation by Phoebe English.  I had known her to design womenswear but not menswear, and I had actually heard a lot of buzz around her SS17 menswear collection, so I was really excited for this presentation.  Per the press release that the PR puts together for each designer's collection, the focus for this collection was around fabric, form, and silhouette.  All the garments were made of natural fibers and were all made in the UK.  From this collection I loved the shape and the fit of the clothing, I particularly liked the way the backpack was constructed and laid on the back of the model.  It was a modern take on an old style, using really young models and hand sewing, which is such an "old" thing to do, no one was hand sews like this.  I could see these boys by cliffs, running on the seashore in Scotland.  There was no fuss with the clothing, but really great details in the form of ties, pockets, and closures.

Check out the full collection at deFUZE Magazine here.  Here are some photos that I took during the presentation.










No comments:

Post a Comment