Thursday 23 June 2016

London Collections Men SS17 - Day 2



And I'm back! Just a long weekend in Iceland, amazing place!

But I still have 3 more days of LCM fun to share with you, so here goes with day 2! And how perfect because today in the UK is the vote whether the UK should stay or leave the EU, and on my 2nd day of LCM I had the pleasure of seeing new designer Daniel Fletcher whose collection definitely took a stance on staying in the EU. As many of the designers at LCM, I have never heard of Daniel Fletcher. He graduated in 2015 from Central Saint Martin, one of the schools churning out amazing designers, and has held internships at Louis Vuitton and Lanvin. For his SS17 collection he hoped to communicate how he felt about the Brexit issue through his clothes. Obviously Fletcher wants to stay, saying that without the relationship with the EU he would not have had the opportunity to perfect his skills outside of the UK. And has said that the current relationship with the EU allows for freedom of movement of all creatives providing a diverse cultural exchange across the whole of the EU.


The presentation was held outside the main show space and almost looked like a protest. It worked so well to have this outside. I love it when the clothes have a meaning or a story and I think that is why I love this collection so much, it's more than just clothes on the body, the designer has really thought about it! The collection is influenced by European souvenir tees and staples in a Brits holiday wardrobe like printed rain jackets and shorts. I love that the collection is casual including track suits, sweatshirts, and baseball caps. I am so curious now to see what Daniel Fletched will do next season!


Photos I took during the presentation.








Next up was the Matthew Miller show!

The Matthew Miller collection was a bit darker with lots of edge and a bit of a soft side in the form of clouds and butterflies. His collection was inspired by the dying skinhead movement and you could see this come through, especially in the models. I love all of the details from the large patches on the back of jackets to the butterfly buttons. There were lots of loose fitting suits and pajama inspired tops and bottoms.

Photos I took during the show.






You can check out the whole collection here


No comments:

Post a Comment