Wednesday 31 August 2016

Designer Spotlight - Isaac Mizrahi

In July on my trip to NYC in addition to seeing the amazing exhibition at the Met I also went to the Isaac Mizrahi exhibition that was on at the Jewish Museum.  The Jewish Museum was a short walk from the Met, so I thought why not.  The exhibition really did pale in comparison to Manus x Machina, but still some amazing things by the designer.

Some people may know the designer as the judge on Project Runway or from his collaboration with Target, but there is so much more he has done.  A true New Yorker he attended the high school of the performing arts and went on to Parsons.  He is a staple on QVC and lent his design skills to several theatrical production and films.  

I didn't feel the exhibition really showed the story of his success, I didn't see a flow to the curation of the exhibition which I was a bit disappointed with, but I will say I loved his use of colour,it brings the garments to life.  These were some of my favourites from the exhibition which, unfortunately has now closed.














All photos taken by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment