Sunday 11 September 2016

New York Fashion Week - Day 3

Misha Collection
It's day 3 of fashion week and I started my morning at Misha Collections.  I was not familiar with the designer and again had a standing ticket, but managed to get a seat.   The Australia designer focused her collection for SS16 on more formal wear, cocktail dresses, lace jumpsuits, and long dresses.  The collection was beautiful, a lot going on, but it came together.  The designer used lace, feathers, leather, metallics, leopard, and fringe.  The colour palette was dark for SS, using reds, black, grey and a bit of white.

Photos taken by me during the show, not the best, the girl that was sitting in front of me kept putting her arm up to take photos.







In the evening I attended the Tadashi Shoji show which was at another venue and despite having a seat I had to wait in a very long line.  The venue was in the garment district close to Madison Square Garden.  I think everyone and there mother was invited and it was quite a production.  The American -based Japanese designer has a background in costume design and typically designs formal wear.   He also blends landscape art with his designs and this SS17 collection is a vision of rebirth.  The show started with a video of a piece of animated art projected on screens, you can see the image below as a painting.  The collection was pretty stunning and I was so happy I was able to see it in person.  One super exciting, a bit fashion nerd, thing for me with going to a runway show is to be able to see the movement of the garments and when you have a collection with so much life in it, seeing it in person on a model, walking, is the best way to experience it.  I wasn't able to take any photos because even though I had a seat I didn't have the best view for picture taking.  So these are some of my favourite looks from the show.



Top Looks












Jason Wu is a favourite every season.  And he did not disappoint for SS17.   He showed amazing dresses and used a brighter colour palette.  I loved the floral overlaid dresses and the lace pieces.  
He also used this really cool metallic blue colour, I haven't seen any other designers use it yet this season, but it is a nice alternative to the gold and silver metallics that are trending.  

Top Looks 






Valentino is one of my all time favourite designers, Red Valentino is a more afford line and I would say gears a bit younger.  For SS17 there was a bit of a boho sol cal feeling mixing crochet with fabrics giving it an overall fresh feeling.  Patterns were a mix of psychedelic and sweet florals.  

Top Looks 






I loved the colors that Novis used for their SS17 collection.  The clothes also had a lovely texture to them.  And check out the shoes, so consistent with the clothes.

Top Looks







All images taken from vogue.com
Click on the designers name to see full collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment