Monday 4 January 2016

3rd Editorial Shoot

I can't believe that it is has been over a month that I have finished the 1st portion of my styling studies and today I started the second portion, Advanced Editorial Styling.  The main focus for the next 3 months will be even more editorial shoots and I can't wait for it to begin!  So before I get started with what I can only imagine will be an exciting 3 months I need to share with you my 3rd editorial shoot experience.

We were given a choice for the theme of the shoot, 80s or pattern/prints.  I chose 80s, there is so much reference to the 80s for AW15 that I wanted to have a chance to put my spin on this trend.  I put together the mood board below, focusing on 80s glamour with tight skirts, bright accessories, and embellishments.  I used both runway images from AW15 and 80s images to create my moodboard.


I actually found my outfit quite easily, the only thing was that I actually had another vintage jacket in mind, but when I went to purchase from Rokit (a vintage shop in London with an online shop) the jacket had already been sold.  I found a blue jacket and a red jacket that would work and developed 2 looks to fit with each jacket, planning to use my lecturer to help me decide on the best look on the day of the shoot.

The shoot would be in Bethnal Green, which is in East London.  When I arrived at my given time I saw 2 models getting ready and 2 photographers.  After hearing that the shoes size of one model was a size 5 and the other was a size 7 I knew how I would decide on which model to use, as the shoes I had brought were a size 8, 7/8 is a typical model shoes size.  The wonderful Leigh Keily, celebrity photographer and editor of 'Jon' magazine, would be my photographer.  He also photographed my second shoot with the Cuban theme, so I felt like I was in good hands.  I was told that I would need to find my own location spot for the shoot.  Bethnal Green is a fairly busy area with lots of Indian/Middle Eastern shops and market.  I had a look around went in a few places, took a few pictures to show the photography, and decided to focus on a dry cleaner.  I went in to ask the man behind the counter if it would be possible to use his shop for my shoot and after a bit of charming he agreed!  

Below are the images from the shoot, which I am quite happy with.  The only thing I would change is that the belt is not centre on several of the images and there was actually this fringe detailing on the skirt and top that does not come through because of the lighting on the black, but live and learn. 








Credits:
Top & Skirt: H&M
Jacket: 80s Vintage Rokit
Belt: 80s Vintage Rokit
Handbags: Blue, Aldo; Red, House of Fraser
Handbag Accessories: Topshop, H&M 
Shoes: Head Over Heels
Earrings: Topshop

Photographer: Leigh Keily
Stylist: Lore Koijen
MUA: Martin Carter
Hair: Carolina Crona
Model: Anna Tatton, Nevs Models


No comments:

Post a Comment