Sunday 17 January 2016

AW16 London Collections Men - Day 1

I know this is a blog for women!  but I had the best time at London Collections Men last weekend and I need to tell you about!

Another week, another fashion show!  The life of a stylist and I love it!  Can you believe that we are already talking about AW16?  This past weekend was London Collections Men, basically menswear gets to shine!  Prior to styling I never really looked at menswear or paid much attention to it, but after the energy of this past weekend I definitely would love to gain experience working with menswear.  The menswear shows are a bit different than the womenswear.  The catwalks seem smaller, attendees are a bit more casual, and make models seem to be way more relaxed and goofy, just having a good time!

First up for the day was figuring out which shows I was going to go to, with a little help from the amazing team at Streets Magazine I managed to get tickets to Alex Mullins and Maharishi, 2 designers I had never heard of before.  There was an opportunity to see more shows, but I was also dressing backstage for 3 shows, so there was just no time.

Alex Mullins was a presentation on Friday and Maharishi was a runway show on Saturday.  I decided to also go to a presentation from Universal Works, a great menswear line with a bit of a workwear, casual feeling.  The venue was circus themed with drinks and popcorn and models holding props of cotton candy and mallets.  It was interesting vibe, models were along each wall with people walking down the centre.  People were really just standing around and chatting.  I loved the jackets and the knit caps, trousers are loose, and I love the canvas shoes.

Universal Works  
Below are some images I took at the presentation






After the Universal Works presentation I headed over to The Victoria House to attend another presentation, Alex Mullins.  Once inside The Victoria House there was a showcase of many different emerging designer, after a walk around and a stop at the complimentary bar complete with free GQ magazines, I headed into the Alex Mullins presentation.  

Below are some images I took at the presentation.












1 comment:

  1. Very interesting information on menswear, and good outlook. You challenged me to think differently about viewing mens clothes. Your photos came out really nice.

    ReplyDelete