Friday 17 February 2017

New York Fashion Week - Mara Hoffman and Claudia Li

First up is Mara Hoffman, a New York based designer best known for her swimwear.  For AW17 her show took place on a finished level of a parking garage in Chelsea.  The show started with a speech by the women who founded the women's march on Washington. In the collection notes Hoffman stated "This show is inspired by the women whose songs are not yet sung, the allies, the named and the nameless.  I dedicate this to the women who are constantly creating in the name of change".  The collection consisted of a mix of models and dancers and the audience was sat in a semi circle.  The collection was light and easy, with freedom to move.  

Mara Hoffman
First are the images that I took during the show, and then a few images from vogue.com that I really like.

I actually had a standing seat which is usually fine because then I able to see better, but at this show there were some particular guests who were not very considerate, so my photos did not come out so good.











Claudia Li
Claudia Li is a young designer with this collection being the 4th that she has shown at NYFW.  The theme of her AW17 collection is "Take me away to a  different place and time".  You can see from the images below that the presentation consisted of models in a 3-sided mirrored box.  She showed lots of plaid and trench style jackets.  I really liked the mix of fur with the plaid.  There was also a lot of ruching of the sleeves on shirts and jackets.

Below are the photos I took during the presentation.












No comments:

Post a Comment