Monday 27 February 2017

Oscars - Best Dressed

One more fashion week to go!  and this weekend we take a break for the Oscars!  One of my favourite events of the year, not only because I love films, but because red carpet fashion has been such a huge part of watching the awards.

Last week I called out which dresses I would put all of the Best Actress Nominees in, first I wanted to show what they actually wore.  Then I've put my best dressed looks of the evening.

Natalie Portman was unfortunately unable to attend the Oscars, due to her pregnancy.

Emma Stone


Isabelle Huppert


Meryl Streep


Ruth Negga


Best Dressed

Ruth Negga - # 5
A few ladies chose to wear red to the ceremony.  And this Valentino, one of my favourite designers, dress was the perfect shade.  The earrings and head band are also quite perfect!


Olivia Culpo - #4
Wearing Marchesa this fringe number is so reminiscent of a different time.  Each tier gets narrow and narrow towards the bottom of the dress which creates a beautiful silhouette.


Pharrel Williams
I hadn't planned to have a guy on this list, but I just loved this outfit by Chanel that I had to include it!


Viola Davis - #2
Her best supporting actress award for her role in Fences was so well deserved.  She looked amazing in this Armani Prive gown.  I'm not sure how I feel about the bag, if it's gold it's great, but it looks like it may be silver, that could just be the lighting.  I love the neck line and how it shows off her great shoulders.


Taraji P. Henson - Best Dressed!
This look is perfection, everything the hair, the necklace, so old hollywood glamour.  And in velvet, not typically a fabric you see at the Oscars.  The designer is Alberta Ferretti and the colour is midnight blue.   










No comments:

Post a Comment