Sunday 20 September 2015

London Fashion Week - Day 1

I am so exciting to share with you my 1st experience, hopefully the first of many more, with Fashion Week.  As a stylist attending fashion week in any of the fashion capitals, New York City, London, Milan, or Paris, is an absolute dream.  The feeling that you get walking into that first show, oh I wish I could feel it everyday!

My first day though of attending London Fashion Week was as a dressier for the Lulu Liu show.  I had not know about this designer prior to being assigned to her show, but her pieces were beautiful.  And she showed lots of dresses which I thought were perfect for sharing with you!  A bit about the designer, she is originally from China and came to the UK to study at the London College of Fashion.  She is young, with a great spirit, and was really kind to everyone backstage.

Being a dressier is definitely not glamorous, there was a lot of waiting around, until about 30 minutes before the show when the models come in and need to get dressed, but it is really great to be backstage for it all, to see the models line up, to hear the music, what an awesome experience.

The professional photos taken below are from Vogue.com.  The dresses showed beautiful beading, and incorporated fabric weaving with fringe that added a lot of movement.

I have also included some photos from my experience backstage.

Top 3 Dresses

Backstage









No comments:

Post a Comment