Sunday 27 September 2015

London Fashion Week - Day 3

Day 3 of my LFW experience was a bit crazy.  I was working as a dresser for the KTZ show at a venue that I was told was in the Southbank.  The call time was 5:00.  When I put the directions in google it took me somewhere in East London and I went with it.  I ended up at a dead end in a residential area.  Starting to panic, it was 4:50, I quickly figured out where exactly I was meant to be and it would take me 40 minutes by public transport to make it to the venue.  In this industry it is just unacceptable to be late especially when a team is relying on me.  So I jumped in a taxi, continuously asking him if he knew where he was going, and made it there, but 20 minutes late.  Although being late is not ideal, they hadn't started the briefing yet.  Upon arrival we had to put all bags and mobile phones in the cloakroom, it was absolutely imperative that no photos get released pre show time.  We gathered back, were put into teams, and assigned a group of models.  I was in charge of 2 models, both wearing brilliant looks that I became acquainted with.  Once the models arrived it started to get busy, I was in charge of my models and needed to know where they were at all times.  The makeup and hair room was sea of models that all started to look the same as the same makeup and hair style was applied.  About 1 hour before the show the models needed to be dressed and ready to walk the catwalk for a rehearsal.  My models were both wearing these fishnet tights with beautifully sewn beading that took some time to get on, but once those were on the rest of the outfits were a breeze.

It was amazing to see the whole collection standing in the line waiting to start the show, with full hair and makeup, most of the models in wigs, you could really see it as a collection, I wish I had an image to show you.  KTZ definitely showed show garments that the average person would find hard to wear in their everyday life, but that is what was great about this show, and other designers like KTZ.  It just goes over a boarder where it is no longer commercial, but not yet theatrical.  Designers like these are what make me excited about fashion, they cause the consumer or the viewer to actually think about what is in front of them.  It just made me feel really good to be apart of the team that put this all together, even if it was just as a dresser.

All images are taken from Vogue.com

These were actually the models that I dressed, they looked amazing!



Top 5 Dresses








  

No comments:

Post a Comment