Tuesday 22 September 2015

London Fashion Week - Day 2 Part 1

After a great experience working at the Lulu Liu show I was so excited for my 2nd day of London Fashion Week, because now I was actually going to have a ticket in hand and watching the shows with all the other fashionable people who are lucky enough to attend fashion week.  I wasn't sure what to expect, what shows I would actually have tickets to.  We met one of the lecturers from The London College of Style (where I am currently a student) who distributed our tickets, basically at random.  I would be attending 2 shows and 1 presentation.  The first show I would be attending would be Sibling, a designer I had never heard of.  But I didn't care, I was just happy to be going.  We made our way to the show, I actually had a seat, which is a special line who gets to go in first.  Walking into the space was magically, at one point I got a bit emotional, but I held it together, it's just a dream coming true, and it's a really great feeling, one that I hope I can experience over and over again.

There is so much to cover in this 1 day that I have had to break up the day into 3 parts, check back in the next couple of days for part 2 and 3!

Sibling
The show it's self was very young and fresh with lots of beautifully knit pieces making use of patterns and channeling the end of the 70s into the 80s fashions.  Vinyl was also used, although I haven't included any of those, because I'm not quite sure how wearable it is, but you can see the full collections f you click on vogue.com below.  I wasn't expecting swimwear, but it was SS16 after all, it was great!

The images below were taken from Vogue.com, the other images are mine.

Top 3 Dresses













No comments:

Post a Comment